Mindfulness Directed to the Body "A Strong Post or Pillar"

SYP-Store
0

“Bhikkhus, mindfulness of breathing, when developed and cultivated, is of great fruit and benefit. 

  And how, bhikkhus, is mindfulness of breathing developed and cultivated so that it is of great fruit and benefit?

 "Here, bhikkhus, a bhikkhu, having gone to the forest, to the foot of a tree, or to an empty hut, sits down. Having folded his legs crosswise, straightened his body, and set up mindfulness in front of him, just mindful he breathes in, mindful he breathes out.

 "Breathing in long, he knows: 'I breathe in long'; or breathing out long, he knows: 'I breathe out long. 

  Breathing in short, he knows: 'I breathe in short'; or breathing out short, he knows: 'I breathe out short. 

  He trains thus: 'Experiencing the whole body, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Experiencing the whole body, I will breathe out.'


  He trains thus: "Tranquillizing the bodily formation, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: "Tranquillizing the bodily formation, I will breathe out.' 


 "He trains thus: 'Experiencing rapture, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Experiencing rapture, I will breathe out.'


  He trains thus: 'Experiencing happiness, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Experiencing happiness, I will breathe out.' 


  He trains thus: 'Experiencing the mental formation, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Experiencing the mental formation, I will breathe out.' 


  He trains thus: 'Tranquillizing the mental formation, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: "Tranquillizing the mental formation, I will breathe out.' 

 "He trains thus: 'Experiencing the mind, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Experiencing the mind, I will breathe out.' 


  He trains thus: 'Gladdening the mind, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Gladdening the mind, I will breathe out.


  He trains thus: 'Concentrating the mind, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Concentrating the mind, I will breathe out.' 

  

  He trains thus: 'Liberating the mind, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Liberating the mind, I wili breathe out.' 


 “He trains thus: 'Contemplating impermanence, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Contemplating impermanence, I will breathe out.' 


  He trains thus: 'Contemplating fading away, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Contemplating fading away, I will breathe out.' 


  He trains thus: 'Contemplating cessation, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Contemplating cessation, I will breathe out." 


  He trains thus: 'Contemplating relinquishment, I will breathe in'; 

  He trains thus: 'Contemplating relinquishment, I will breathe out'.


 "It is, bhikkhus, when mindfulness of breathing is developed and cultivated in this way that it is of great fruit and benefit."

 "When, bhikkhus, mindfulness of breathing has been developed and cultivated in this way, one of two fruits may be expected: either final knowledge in this very life or, if there is a residue of clinging, the state of non-returning."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top