Anapanasati, the Tathagata Dwelling

SYP-Store
0

"Bhikkhus, if wanderers of other sects ask you: Jn what dwelling, friends, did the Blessed One generally dvell during the rains residence?"

 -Being asked thus. vou should answer those wanderers thus: 'During the rains residence, friends, the Blessed One generally dwelt in the concentration by mindfulness of breathing.' 

 "Here, bhikkhus, mindful I breathe in, mindful I breathe out. 

  When breathing in long I know: 'I breathe in long'; 

  When breathing out long I know: 'I breathe out long.' 

  When breathing in short I know: 'I breathe in short'; 

  When breathing out short I know: 'I breathe out short.' 

  I know: 'Experiencing the whole body I will breathe in.' (same as above);

  I know: 'Contemplating relinquishment, I will breathe out.' 

 "If anyone, bhikkhus, speaking rightly could say of anything: 'It is a noble dwelling, a divine dwelling, the Tathāgata's dwelling: it is of concentration by mindfulness of breathing that one could rightly say this.

 "Bhikkhus, those bhikkhus who are trainees, who have not attained their mind's ideal, who dwell aspiring for the unsurpassed security from bondage: for them concentration by mindfulness of breathing, when developed and cultivated, leads to the destruction of the taints. 

  Those bhikkhus who are arahants, whose taints are destroyed, who have lived the holy life, done what had to be done, laid down the burden, reached their own goal, utterly destroyed the fetters of existence, those completely liberated through final knowledge: for them, concentration by mindfulness of breathing, when developed and cultivated, leads to a pleasant dwelling in this very life and to mindfulness and clear comprehension."

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top